Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Crazy busy and loving it

We have been super busy the past few months.  It all started when I got my new calling in our ward.  After I was called to be the relief society secretary and was asked to make the sacrament program every week, Mike started talking about wanting to work in the temple.  We talked to our Bishop about it and we asked if we could serve in the temple.  He said if we have kids under 18 then I can't but Mike can.  So, Mike filled out his application and shortly after submitting it he was called to serve as an ordinance worker in the Provo Temple.  He was SOOO happy and so was I.  He had always dreamed about being a temple worker. (One of the MANY reasons I love him so much).  They asked him to work the evening shift every Wednesday.  He accepted, bought his temple clothes and was set apart and was supposed to start the following week.  I think it was later that week that Bishop asked us to meet with him.  They asked Mike if he would be willing to be the first counselor in the young men's presidency and a scout leader.  Of course he said yes.  Bishop said the young men meet every Wednesday night.  Mike told him about his temple calling and bishop said he really felt strongly he needed to be in young men's and to put working in the temple on hold for now.  He was so happy about his calling, but super bummed he couldn't work in the temple.  Oh, I forgot to mention after he was called to be a temple worker he was able to get every Wednesday off THEN he was called to young men's.  We went home after our meeting and discussed options.  I suggested for him to call the temple and see if he could do the morning shift on Wednesdays.  He said no because it would be taking away from family time.  After realizing we would still have the majority of the day together he decided to call the temple.  They were so happy he still was willing to serve.  Now on Wednesdays he wakes up at 5 goes to the temple, is home by noon.  On top of working full time, serving in the temple and teaching some Sundays and his Wednesday meetings he is going to school full time.  Have I mentioned how amazing this man is?  He started an online bachelors program March first.  In the first 2 weeks he finished his first class and is working on his second.  So I know I said we were busy, and I promise I am busy too, but not AS busy as Mike.  I stay busy with my calling, which I love! and with being a stay at home mom, which is the best job EVER!  I never thought I would want to or have the opportunity to be a stay at home mom, but when it came time for me to go back to work I had no desire to.  I worked part time from the time Weston was about 6 months until he was a little over a year.  I only worked one day a week, sometimes more, but it never felt right.  I don't know if that makes sense, but I knew I had to be home with Weston.  For those 6 months of working I cried almost every time I went to work.  Mike asked if I wanted to stay home.  I said yes.  He told me he felt like I should too but didn't want to deprive me of getting out of the house and working if that is what I wanted to do.  We prayed about it and both knew the second we were done praying that I needed to be home with our children.  Ever since then it has been amazing.  We have seen wonderful blessings because of this decision.  I must say, I have been working since I was 14 and I have never worked as hard as I do being at home.  It is by far THE best job I have ever had.  It is so incredible how much the Lord blesses us when we follow his council and do the things we are asked to do.  I love my life.

1 comment: