Saturday, May 19, 2012

Lucy Girl

Dear Lucy,

I can't believe you are almost here!  We are so excited to meet you!  You have us waiting, but not very patiently.  There are many requests from your family members as to when you can make your arrival, but I know you will join us when you are ready (I am hoping sooner than later).  Being pregnant with you has been SO different than when I was pregnant with your big brother.  You have been a bit more challenging or maybe I am just getting old and my body doesn't work as well as it use to. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed being pregnant and getting to know you when no one else can.  I love that you and I know each other already and we have a special relationship.  I love you so much already! 

Your daddy has been pretty terrified about you being a girl, but yesterday he looked at me and said,
"I'm getting really excited to meet her!"  He loves you so much and I think the reason he is scared is because you will have him wrapped around your finger from the second he sees you and he knows it.  Let me tell you, you are one blessed little girl to have the daddy you do.  He is THE BEST!  There is no wonder to me why you and Weston chose him to be your Dad. 

I kind of think Weston is sensing change and knows of your coming.  Do me a favor and break it to him lightly.  He is use to getting all of mommy and daddy's attention. I hope he adjusts well.  He might try to "help" me with you.  I will try my hardest to make sure he doesn't pick you up by the legs or drag you around the house. He really is going to be the best big brother (I am sure you already know that though)  I know he is going to love you so much.  I just hope and pray that when you guys are a bit older you will be best friends. 

Well Girlie, there are so many people that already love you and all of us can't wait to meet you, especially mommy and daddy.  Love you sweet girl.

Mom

1 comment:

  1. Tick tock tick tock - enough being selfish Shay... share her with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete